Alexander D. del Russo
Alexander del Russo practices in all areas of commercial litigation, with an emphasis on representing employers in labor and employment litigation. In the employment area, he has tried over a dozen federal and state jury trials in the past ten years involving claims of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation. These have included claims under Title VII, the ADA, the ADEA, the FMLA, and FLSA, the Florida Civil Rights Act, the Florida Whistleblower and Workers Compensation retaliation statutes, as well as related state law claims. In the area of business litigation, Mr. del Russo has represented clients in a wide range of business disputes in bench and jury trials, as well as in arbitrations.
Mr. del Russo is board certified by The Florida Bar in both Civil Trial and in Business Litigation.
- Rodriguez v. Alpha Institute, 2011 WL 5103950 (S.D. Fla., Oct. 27, 2011).
- Lawson v. Plantation General Hospital, 704 F. Supp. 2d 1254 (S.D. Fla. 2010).
- Mann v. Barnard Construction Co., Inc., 2009 WL 3667078 (S.D. Fla. 2009).
- Tafalla v. All Florida Dialysis Services, Inc., 2009 WL 151159 (S.D. Fla., Jan. 21, 2009).
- Nurse "BE" v. Columbia Palms West Hospital Limited Partnership, 490 F.3d 1302 (11th Cir. 2007).
- Saltzman v. Board of Commissioners of the North Broward Hospital District, 2007 WL 1732893 (11th Cir., June 15, 2007).
- Powell v. Carey International, Inc., 490 F. Supp 2d 1202 (S.D. Fla. 2006).
- Camara v. Brinker International d/b/a Chili's Bar & Grill, 2004 WL 5561676 (S.D. Fla., December 13, 2004).
- Rocky v. Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, 54 F. Supp 2d 1159 (S.D. Fla. 1999).
- Hospital Corporation of America v. Florida Medical Center, Inc., 710 So. 2d 573 (Fla. 4th DCA 1998).
- Fromm-Vane v. Lawnwood Medical Center, Inc., 995 F. Supp. 1471 (S.D. Fla. 1997).
- Hospital Corporation of America v. Jarvinen, 624 So. 2d 303 (Fla. 4th DCA 1993).
- In re: FSLIC, 837 F.2d 932 (11th Cir. 1988).
- “Challenges in Dealing with the “Difficult” Lawyer,” Association of Legal Administrators Conference (February 14, 2012).
- “Sexual, Racial and Other Harassment in the Workplace,” Sterling Educational Services (September 27, 2011).
- “Social Media and E-Discovery,” Palm Beach County Bar Association (May 2011).
- “Employee Retaliation Claims,” at the Employment Law for Accountants Seminar, West Palm Beach, FL (November 12, 2009).
- “Employee Retaliation Claims,” Daily Business Review Labor and Employment Roundtable (February 2007).
- Appointed by Chief Judge for Southern District of Florida to serve on Federal Magistrate Retention Panel (2011)
- Selected for inclusion in The American Lawyer 2012 Top Rated Lawyers Guide to Labor and Employment Law
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in the Top 100 in South Florida by the South Florida Legal Guide (2009)
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Trend's Florida Legal Elite (Labor and Employment) (2005-2012)
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers (Employment Litigation; Defense) (2006-2014)
- Board Certified in both Civil Trial Law and in Business Litigation Law by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization
- The Florida Bar
Federal Court Practice Committee (2001-2006, 2012-present)
Labor and Employment Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association