Christopher M. Paolini
Mr. Paolini is a member of the firm’s business litigation and trade regulation practice group. He represents publicly traded companies, privately held businesses, financial institutions, loan servicers, receivers, creditors, landlords, and individuals in all types of commercial litigation matters, including contract and real property disputes, unfair trade practice and lender liability claims, foreclosures, evictions, Uniform Commercial Code matters, and bankruptcies.
Mr. Paolini litigates in federal and state court and has first chair trial experience. He handles arbitrations, mediations, injunctive relief claims, and receivership appointments.
He represents lenders and servicers throughout Florida in commercial loan workouts and other property disputes involving all types of property including, retail, planned development, office, vacant land, and multi-family dwelling.
- Represented the lender of a $15 million loan in a commercial foreclosure involving a failed planned development. Obtained an injunction preventing the borrower from committing waste to the lender’s collateral, an order appointing a receiver to manage the property, and entry of a final judgment of foreclosure.
- Represented the lender and servicer of a $5 million loan in a commercial foreclosure and Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Defended borrower’s attempt to cram down a plan of reorganization, obtained dismissal of debtor’s bankruptcy case and an order appointing a receiver to manage the property, and prevailed on summary judgment in state court.
- Represented the lender and servicer of a $10.4 million loan in a commercial foreclosure involving an apartment complex. Obtained an order appointing a receiver to manage the property and negotiated settlement of the litigation and a sale of property.
- Represented the lender and servicer of a $6.5 million cross-collateralized loan in a commercial foreclosure involving property with deferred maintenance and health and safety concerns. Obtained an order appointing a receiver to manage the property and prevailed on summary judgment.
- Represented a leading national wireless telephone company in numerous breach of contract, intellectual property and unfair trade lawsuits filed in federal courts throughout Florida, Texas and California. Obtained permanent injunctions and final judgments exceeding $10 million in damages against multiple defendants.
- Represented an insurance broker in a breach of contract action involving the misappropriation of client revenue. Served as lead counsel for the client at trial and obtained a verdict for all damages requested including an award of attorney’s fees and costs.
- Represented a landlord in a lawsuit involving monetary and non-monetary breaches of a commercial lease and personal guaranty. Obtained a final judgment of damages and eviction and secured a writ of possession for the property.
- Represented lenders in numerous lender liability lawsuits involving TILA, RESPA, FDUTPA, consumer collection, and fraud claims.
- Represented vehicle manufacturers in numerous manufacturing and design defect cases throughout Florida.
- American Bar Association (2003-present)
- The Florida Bar (2003-present)
- The Orange County Bar Association (2003-present)
- Volie A. Williams, Jr. American Inn of Court (2005-present)
Program Committee Member (2006-2008)
- Virgil Hawkins Clinic
Supreme Court Certified Legal Intern (Spring 2003)