David S. Drobner
David Drobner concentrates in commercial leasing. This includes the negotiation and crafting of language in complex commercial leases, subleases and assignments or other transfers. He principally assists owners and tenants in retail leasing (shopping centers) and in office leasing.
Mr. Drobner has extensive experience also in the negotiation and crafting of ground, warehouse and mixed use leases, plus other hybrids including hotel retail; and many related transactions and documentation. The related matters include negotiation of collateralizing documentation for leasehold estate and other leasehold estate encumbrance as security for debt, assistance in negotiating memoranda of lease, subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements, estoppels, amendments and terminations.
Mr. Drobner honed his commercial leasing skills in a practice almost exclusively limited to leasing, during the substantial majority of his career. He possesses depth and extensive, mature experience having encountered virtually all real estate leasing scenarios to be found.
Mr. Drobner has negotiated leases with national credit, regional and local tenants, for spaces ranging in size from anchor boxes to small bays in retail centers, and for an entire office building to individual office space leases.
- Principal commercial leasing counsel for a locally owned downtown Miami high-tech building.
- Principal commercial leasing counsel for a local developer and its retail shopping center in Miami.
- Counsel for commercial Florida leasing for a U.S. major national banking institution.
- Concentrations include all aspects of commercial leasing negotiations and ancillary or incidental needs, such as assistance in collateralizing and negotiating leasehold estate encumbrance as security for debt, and assistance in negotiating memoranda of lease, subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements, estoppels, amendments and terminations.
- Landlord's counsel negotiating approximately 70,000 square foot retail anchor lease for a national home and soft goods chain.
- Tenant's counsel negotiating a ground lease for construction and occupancy of a Class A office building for lease by a national banking institution in South Florida.
- Landlord's counsel negotiating approximately 50,000 square feet for a national men's high-end clothing retailer in a Class A retail shopping center.
- Landlord's counsel negotiating simultaneously several anchor (retail) deals at a shopping center in Texas, for a major flooring home good store (69,000 square feet), a national dollar store chain (24,000 square feet), and a national branded electronics superstore (24,300 square feet).
- Landlord's counsel negotiating all of the approximately 293,000 square feet of NRA at (i) a Miami Class A office park and (ii) a Miami warehouse project, for approximately the past 12 years.
- Landlord's counsel routinely negotiating all of the approximately 8,000,000 square feet of retail gross leasable area in approximately 50 retail shopping centers.
- Landlord's counsel negotiating numerous warehouse tenant lease modifications so as to coordinate the near simultaneous movement/relocation (and expansions, decreases, terminations and other term modifications) of approximately half the tenants in an entire warehouse park, to accommodate a transaction involving the sale of a portion of the warehouse project.
- Landlord's counsel negotiating approximately 120,000 square feet ground lease with a major national tenant at a shopping mall in Miami, Florida.
- Landlord's counsel negotiating approximately 50,000 square feet of office high-density call-center use within a retail shopping center complex in Broward County, Florida.
- Landlord's counsel negotiating approximately 30,000 square foot anchor lease with a national credit home soft-goods retailer.
- Landlord's counsel negotiating approximately 12,000 square foot (mini-anchor) lease location with a national credit electronics store.
- Landlord's counsel negotiating approximately 12,000 square foot (mini-anchor) lease location with a national credit chain operator of cosmetics supplies.
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed as a Top Lawyer in South Florida Legal Guide (2009 and 2010)
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers (2012-20145
- Listed in Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Business Lawyers (Real Estate) (2007-2014)
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite (2007, 2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2015)
- Listed in The Legal 500 (Real Estate Transactions and Finance)
- The Florida Bar
Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- American Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Jewish Community Center Board of Directors (David Posnack JCC)