David R. Punzak
David Punzak maintains a diverse transactional practice and regularly represents clients in finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions, leasing transactions, and general business matters.
Mr. Punzak has significant experience representing Florida domiciled property and casualty insurance companies, including regulatory issues, mergers and acquisitions, and debt and equity placements.
Mr. Punzak is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, received the American Bar Association Section of Business Law 2006 National Public Service Award, and is the recipient of the 2011 "Heroes Among Us" Service Award from the St. Petersburg Bar Foundation.
- Represented family limited partnership in connection with its consolidation of parcels of real property, and subsequent development into two (2) 30-story residential and commercial condominium complexes.
- Represented the world’s largest reinsurance company, based in Hamilton, Bermuda, in connection with debt and equity placement transactions, and various regulatory matters.
- Represented nationwide institutional lender in a $90 million asset based loan.
- Represented sellers of equity interests in nationwide restaurant chain involving related debt, equity, and real property transactions.
- Represented borrowers and lenders in various New Markets Tax Credit financing transactions.
- Mr. Punzak has a long history of providing pro bono legal services to various clients. In particular, Mr. Punzak has represented the Florida Community Loan Fund for over ten years on a largely pro bono basis, providing general corporate and transactional lending services to this client. In April, 2006, Mr. Punzak received the American Bar Association Section of Business Law National Public Service Award in recognition of that representation.
- Mr. Punzak has spoken at numerous seminars in the areas of real estate acquisition and finance, including programs on Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code, due diligence in real estate transactions, and the Florida documentary stamp tax and intangibles tax.
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recipient of the 2011 "Heroes Among Us" Service Award by the St. Petersburg Bar Foundation
- Recipient of the American Bar Association Section of Business Law 2006 National Public Service Award
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers (2010-2014)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2009-2015)
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Trend's Florida Legal Elite (2014)
- American Bar Association
Business Law Section
Negotiated Mergers and Acquisitions Committee
- The Florida Bar
Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
Real Property Committee
- St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce
- Pinellas Association for Retarded Children
Board Member (1994-2000); (2006-2010)
Chairman, Board of Directors (2006-2007)
- Community Foundation of Tampa Bay, Inc.
Board Member (2005-2011)
- Development Review Commission, City of St. Petersburg
- Florida International Museum
Board Member (2002-2008)
- Salvation Army Advisory Board
Board Member (2003-present)
Property Committee, Chairman
- Heroes of the St. Petersburg Police
Board Member (2005-present)
- St. Petersburg Junior League Community Advisory Board
Board Member (2004-2008)
- Suncoast Center for Community Health
Board Member (1992-2002)
Chairman of the Board (1997-1998)
- Leadership St. Petersburg
Class of 1987
Board Member (1988-1994)
Chairman of the Board (1994)
- Leadership Tampa Bay
Class of 1989
- Suncoasters of St. Petersburg, Inc. (1996-present)
- Salvador Dali Museum
Board of Trustees (2010-present)
- Baynard, Harrell, Ostow & Ulrich, P.A. (1984-1994)