Maria Chang Mayer
Maria Chang Mayer possesses experience in a wide variety of legal transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances, private equity and venture capital investments and related general corporate matters. Ms. Mayer represents both U.S. and non-U.S. entities in a wide range of domestic and international corporate matters including multi-jurisdictional projects. She has represented private and public companies, entrepreneurs and private equity funds in a wide variety of strategic and financial transactions as well as in corporate governance and other general corporate matters. Her experience includes transactions in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe and China.
- Representation of an international distributor of information technology products in connection with a $150 million asset-backed, revolving loan facility secured by accounts receivables of foreign subsidiaries in nine Latin American countries.
- Representation of a Florida-based waste hauling business in the multi-million dollar sale of substantially all of its assets to a publicly-held solid waste services company with customers throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Representation of a Florida-based distributor of IT products to Latin America and the Caribbean in a multi-million dollar stock exchange, stock purchase and asset purchase transaction with a publicly-held global provider of supply chain solutions to the wireless industry.
- Representation of a company in the fresh food delivery business in connection with structuring and various corporate matters including investments by non-U.S. investors.
- Representation of the shareholders of a New Jersey-based worldwide chemical manufacturer and its global affiliates in the $54 million sale of all of their stock to a national private equity company. The target had operations in Central and South America, South Africa, the People’s Republic of China and Hong Kong and manufactures and supplies chemical ingredients to the personal care industries world-wide.
- Representation of a provider of home health care services in its merger acquisition of two home health care agencies for an undisclosed sum.
- Representation of a provider of alcohol and substance addiction treatment and recovery services in its sale of the business to a national health care investment firm for an undisclosed sum.
- Representation of a leading electronics manufacturer based in China and several of its subsidiaries and affiliates in China, the U.S., and the British Virgin Islands in connection with the $12 million sale of certain assets and divisions as well as the private placement of securities.
- Representation of publicly-held company in bridge loan financing related to strategic acquisition of a company.
- Representation of publicly-held company in its $26 million strategic acquisition of a company which is a leading provider of network solutions and systems integration services in Venezuela, Argentina, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador and Central America.
- Representation of subsidiary of publicly-held company in its $5 million strategic acquisition of a network solutions and systems integration services company with operations based in Argentina.
- Representation of wholly-owned Cayman Islands subsidiary of publicly-held company in its $5 million strategic acquisition of a company which provides technical training and certifications which, together with its affiliates, operates in Panama, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina and Peru.
- Representation of a Liechtenstein asset management company in the $1.3 billion sale of its international asset management division.
- Representation of publicly-held publisher in all aspects of its business, including corporate governance and various sales, mergers, acquisitions and swaps (including the $420 million sale of its online subsidiary to a British company).
- Representation of a privately-held commercial plastics company in the sale of its 33 subsidiaries (in the U.S., Latin America and Europe) to a division of General Electric Company.
- Representation of a publicly-held company in the United Kingdom in its $113 million acquisition of 27 companies in the United States, Latin America, Europe and Asia.
- Representation of a multi-national, direct broadcast satellite company, in joint ventures in Argentina and Colombia and in general corporate matters.
- Representation of an offshore fund and a U.S. bank in the formation of a U.S. $100 million fund to invest in U.S. real estate and the creation of various investment joint ventures.
- Representation of publicly-held Wall Street company in various acquisitions.
- Representation of a Delaware company in its restructuring and sale of a well-known political magazine to Canadian investors.
- Representation of a publicly-held company in the sale of two of its electronic materials businesses to a Canadian purchaser.
- Representation of a high-end hotel chain in Management Agreements for hotels in Beverly Hills, California and in St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Representation of a publicly-held dotcom company in corporate governance, various mergers and acquisitions in the United States and Latin America and the sale of its domain name and related assets to a Spanish entity.
- Recipient of the Book Award in Legal Drafting from the University of Florida College of Law
- Jewish National Fund – Miami-Dade
Board of Directors
- Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
Board of Governors
- SoBe Institute of the Arts
Board of Directors
- Transportation and Parking Committee for the City of Miami Beach, Member
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Miami-Dade County Chapter
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation-Women's Division
- Florida-China Chamber of Commerce
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
International Law Section
- City of Miami Beach Leadership Academy Graduate
- Organization of Women in International Trade, Miami Chapter
- The Commonwealth Institute
- Adjunct Professor, St. Thomas University, Miami, Florida (2005)
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, Clerk
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP (New York, NY)
Senior Associate in the Miami office
- Popham Haik Schnobrich & Kaufman, P.A. (Minneapolis, MN)
Associate in the Miami office