Seth P. Joseph
Seth Joseph has extensive experience in capital formation for growth companies, securities and mergers & acquisitions, including both domestic and cross border assignments. He represents corporate issuers and underwriters in public and private offerings, merchant banks, private equity funds, venture capital firms, and emerging clients in acquisitions and financing activities. Mr. Joseph has extensive experience in the telecommunications and technology industries.
Mr. Joseph has twice served as general counsel of public and pre-IPO technology companies with substantial cross border technology sharing.
- $225 million acquisition of publicly listed fragrance company.
- Acquisition of $135 million provider of international VOIP services by domestic U.S. public company and associated convertible debt financing.
- $150 million of sale of minority interest and refinancing of a consumer products manufacturer
- Representation a U.S.-based private equity fund in connection with its $100 million secured loan to a provider of short term and auto title loans.
- Representation of a U.S.-based provider of integrated IT and networking solutions in connection with a $100 million debt and equity financing transaction including the private placement of $60 million of convertible preferred stock and a $40 million credit facility.
- Representation of a Latin American virtual mobile network operator in $86 million Series D equity financing
- Representation of an international banking corporation in connection with an $85 million secured convertible debenture financing of a public health care technologies solutions provider in connection with its all cash bid to acquire a public provider of information technology systems for hospitals, healthcare networks, and imaging facilities.
- Roll up of $45 million South Pacific telecommunications, systems integration, and data communications business through a Canadian plan of arrangement and mergers, with a related initial SEC registration.
- Representation of publicly-held company in its $26 million strategic acquisition of a company which is a leading provider of network solutions and systems integration services in Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela, and Central America.
- $25 million equity financing for launch of roll out of multi-unit lounge business.
- Acquisition of $20 million Oregon based consumer products company by NY based private equity fund, and associated subordinated and senior debt financing.
- $15 million subordinated debt placement for a remediation services provider
- Acquisition of $15 million revenue Ohio based business services platform for NY based private equity fund and associated mezzanine debt financing.
- Representation of a leading electronics manufacturer based in China and several of its subsidiaries and affiliates in China, the U.S., and the British Virgin Islands in connection with the $12 million sale of certain assets and divisions as well as the private placement of securities.
- Representation of an affiliate of a leading electronics manufacturer based in China in connection with an $8 million investment by an affiliate of a multinational computer technology and consulting corporation.
- Representation of $6 billion China based consumer electronics conglomerate in various U.S. distribution matters and joint ventures.
- Representation of subsidiary of publicly-held company in its $5 million strategic acquisition of a network solutions and systems integration services company with operations based in Argentina.
- Representation of wholly-owned Cayman Islands subsidiary of publicly-held company in its $5 million strategic acquisition of a company which provides technical training and certifications which, together with its affiliates, operates in Panama, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, and Peru.
- A series of tuck in acquisitions for a U.S. public healthcare software company and associated equity financings.
- A series of tuck in acquisitions for a U.S. public golf accessories company and associated equity financing.
- Representation of a Florida based merchant bank in senior preferred stock investments in a petroleum distributor, a real estate developer, and a precious metals concern.
- Representation of publicly-held company in bridge loan financing related to strategic acquisition of a company.
- Moderator, "Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Crowdfunding," GrowFL, Orlando, FL (September 2, 2014)
- Moderator, "How the New Federal Laws Will Change Angel Investing and Venture Capital," GrowFL, Tampa, FL (November 18, 2013)
- Listed in Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Business Lawyers (Corporate/M&A and Private Equity) (2011)
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite (2007)
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers (2006)
- Selected Top Lawyer by the South Florida Legal Guide (2011 and 2014)
- The Florida Bar
Corporate, Banking and Capital Markets Section
- The American Bar Association
Business Law Section
- Florida Tax and Budget Reform Commission, Commissioner (1991-2000)