Thomas J. Meeks
Thomas Meeks has significant experience in complex business litigation of business disputes in state and federal courts. He has handled hundreds of jury and nonjury trials and proceedings around the United States.
Mr. Meeks possesses extensive experience with complicated cases, including complex commercial litigation, contract cases, trade secrets disputes, common law and securities fraud matters, and "bet-the-company" litigation.
Mr. Meeks is a past chair of the Ad Hoc Advisory Committee on Rules and Procedures of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, and a past vice chair of that Court's Ad Hoc Committee on Attorney Admissions, Peer Review & Attorney Grievance. He was the 2010 recipient of the Judge Joe Eaton Unsung Hero Award, which is given by the judges of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Mr. Meeks is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell. He has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America and Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Business Lawyers.
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2003-2014)
- Named the Best Lawyers’ 2014 Miami Corporate Governance Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Listed in Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Business Lawyers (Litigation) (2004-2013)
- Judge Joe Eaton Unsung Hero Award, given by the judges of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida (2010 Recipient)
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite (2005, 2008-2010, 2012)
- Listed as a Top Lawyer in South Florida Legal Guide (2006, 2009, and 2010)
- Best of the Bar, South Florida Business Journal
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers (Business Litigation, Securities Litigation, Construction Litigation) (2008-2013)
- American Bar Foundation
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
Civil Procedure Rules Committee
- Ad Hoc Committee on Rules and Procedures, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Ad Hoc Committee on Attorney Admissions, Peer Review & Attorney Grievance, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Past Vice Chair
- Zuckerman Spaeder, LLP, Miami, FL
- Floyd Pearson Richman Greer, P.A., Miami, FL
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia